News of the Day – 10/30/08
Posted By Diane Firstman On October 30, 2008 @ 8:51 am In Diane Firstman,News of the Day | Comments Disabled
Warming up the Hot Stove to deal with the chilly weather …
- The Post’s George King  reports that Mike Mussina’s decision on retirement will probably come shortly, as his agent will be meeting with him at the end of this week.
- King also reports that Arn Tellem, the agent for both Mussina and Jason Giambi, has mentioned that Giambi would like to be a Yankee in ’09, if the club wants him back.
- Newsday’s Ken Davidoff  opines that the Yankees are more concerned with landing a top-flight pitcher than securing Mark Teixeira. Davidoff also reports on some AFL reviews of Yankee prospects.
- SI.COM  has a pretty light-hearted interview with Derek Jeter. A few questions on how it feels to be out of the playoffs and other baseball issues. A lot of questions regarding his love life, his political affiliation and his preference in video games.
- NY Post blogger  Tim Bontemps gives us an update on how some of our guys are doing in the Arizona Fall League. Juan Miranda is tied for second in doubles (six), tied for third in triples (two), is seventh in slugging percentage (.643) and is seventh in OPS (1.071).
- BP.COM  has heard that the Brewers are leaning towards Ken Macha as their new manager, and that Willie Randolph will probably be heading to Colorado as a bench coach.
- Happy 26th birthday to reliever Jonathan Albaladejo . A happy 46th birthday to Danny Tartabull  and a happy 67th birthday to Jim Ray Hart .
- On this date in 2001, President Bush threw out the ceremonial first pitch at Game Three of the World Series. He was wearing a New York Fire Department windbreaker in honor of the heroes of the September 11th attacks.
Article printed from Bronx Banter: http://www.bronxbanterblog.com
URL to article: http://www.bronxbanterblog.com/2008/10/30/news-of-the-day-103008/
URLs in this post:
 The Post’s George King: http://www.nypost.com/seven/10292008/sports/yankees/moose_decision_may_come_soon_135759.htm
 Newsday’s Ken Davidoff: http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/ny-spinside305904087oct30,0,2466327.column
 SI.COM: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/extramustard/10/28/derek-jeter-interview/1.html
 NY Post blogger: http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/minor_leagues/archives/2008/10/mets_yankees_pr.html
 BP.COM: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=8269
 Jonathan Albaladejo: http://www.baseball-reference.com/a/albaljo01.shtml
 Danny Tartabull: http://www.baseball-reference.com/t/tartada01.shtml
 Jim Ray Hart: http://www.baseball-reference.com/h/hartji01.shtml
Click here to print.