The Mets are playing this afternoon. So are the Sox.
Have at it if you’d like.
[Photos Via: Observando and One Fast Move or I’m Gone]
Games We Play
Sox down, 2-1 in the 6th.
Sox get the first two batters on in the ninth. For A-Gon, Youk, and Papi to try to tie it up (trailing by two).
Adrian flies out, runners advance, now a hit will tie it.
Youk strikes out.
Papi goes down, it's ovah, another nice Lestah staht squandahd.
Wow, Lester has pitched well twice with nothing to show for it.
 I'm very sad. 1 and 5 staht foh Bahsthan.
 Let the Bobby V. bashing commence!
Tiggers only have 2 runs through 7 innings, Tampa only has one hit though. And Verlander has given up only 1 BB too. 6Ks, 76 pitches.
5) Yeah, he's pretty good, huh?
 Way too late for the Bobby V bashing to commence.
Verlander had given up 1 hit and 1 BB through 8, so guess it was ok to let him start, but this is odd:
C. Thomas in right field
- J. Keppinger hit for S. Rodriguez
- J. Keppinger singled to shallow center
- R. Brignac struck out swinging
- D. Jennings singled to shallow right, J. Keppinger to third
(Maybe Justin is tiring? Why not bring in your closer, who's very good)
- C. Pena walked, D. Jennings to second, J. Keppinger scored on wild pitch
(Hello, Valverde time!)
- E. Longoria singled to shallow left, D. Jennings scored, C. Pena to second
- D. Schlereth relieved J. Verlander
(tied up, past closer time, I guess)
- E. Johnson hit for M. Joyce
- E. Johnson walked, C. Pena to third, E. Longoria to second
- J. Valverde relieved D. Schlereth
(Now? WTF? When it was a save situation Valverde was perfect last season, not so in none save situations)
- B. Zobrist singled to shallow center, C. Pena and E. Longoria scored, E. Johnson to second
(And history repeats)
 have the calls commenced for bobby v to be fired?
HOW BOUT DEM SOX?!
 No. But there's a large faction that hates him. For the reasons you'd expect -- he's kind of a loudmouth egotistical smug know-it-all. Or anyway he comes off that way to many people.
And when you think you have a good team and it keeps losing, you almost always have an inclination to blame the manager.
Also, there are still many Tito-lovers and they resent Bobby V.
Old-School Banter Scroll
RHP Nathan Eovaldi (3-1, 4.14)
LHP Gio Gonzalez (3-2, 4.25)
7:05 p.m., YES Network and MLB Network
RHP Adam Warren (2-2, 4.50)
RHP Jordan Zimmermann (3-2, 3.66)
7:05 p.m., YES Network
Baseball Think Factory
MLB Trade Rumors
Lo Hud Yankees Blog
This Isn't Happiness
Everyday I Show